Saturday, August 22, 2015

How Summer 2015 Went for Me Part 1

Summer has flown by so quickly. It felt like that yesterday had been the first day of summer. I've done all sorts of things this summer.

On the first evening of summer break, my mom, brother, and I went to a farewell party of one of my brother's friends in his preschool. Some of his other friends went there too.
During the day after the farewell party, my mom, dad, brother, grandma, and I went to Los Angeles by car. When we got to Los Angeles, the traffic was pretty bad. We stayed there for an evening. During this time, we went to the Hollywood Walk of Fame. On the next day, we went to Universal Studios. After that, we went to San Diego. San Diego's traffic was way better than Los Angeles'. We stayed there for three nights. In San Diego, we went to Legoland and SeaWorld. Everything in Legoland is made out of lego, even the hotel there. Also, Legoland has more rides than shows. SeaWorld is the opposite. On the day after we visited SeaWorld, we drove back home. It was a long trip, and we got back to Palo Alto at around 8:40 P.M.

Two days after I got home, I went to one of my friend's house. The friend whose house I went to also has a twin sister, and her babysitter was there too. The babysitter drove my friend, her twin, and I to Town and Country. She got a sandwich, while my friend, her twin, and I got smoothies from Jamba Juice. When we got back to my friend's house, we played a game called Forbidden Island, which is a teamwork game. I've never played it before coming to her house, and I felt like it was a good game. After that, my friend, her twin, and I fed vanilla to my friend and her twin's pet parakeet. We also did art on a machine that spins.
For three weeks, I attended three different Ymca summer camps in Palo Alto. On the June 15-19 week, I did mini golf. On the June 22-26 week, I did Leaders in Training One (LIT I). On the June 29-July 3 week, I did Leaders in Training Two (LIT II).
In the mini golf camp, there were five people in total, however, we were combined with two other Ymca mini golf camps (El Camino (in Mountain View) and Sequoia (in Redwood City)). We went to each mini golf place by bus. On Monday, we went to Golfland in Sunnyvale. On Tuesday, we went to Neptune's Kingdom in Santa Cruz. On Wednesday, we went to Golfland in Milpitas. On Thursday, we went to Subpar Miniature Golf in Alameda. On Friday, however, for some reason we did not go mini golfing. Instead, we went to Levi's Stadium. (It was only the Palo Alto and Sequoia Ymcas that went there. El Camino went to a swimming place.) It was okay, and I learned more about football. I also got a learning playbook.
The LIT I camp only had four people. Again, we were combined with two other Ymca LIT I camps, but it was El Camino and Northwest (in Cupertino). Every day, we met in an elementary school part of a Cupertino School District. We got folders, but each Ymca LIT I camp got a different color (mine's orange for Palo Alto).
The Levi's Stadium football learning playbook
One of the stars I saw in the Hollywood Walk of Fame
Legoland entry sign
SeaWorld logo
Logo of Universal Studios

No comments:

Post a Comment