Thursday, June 19, 2014

My Trip to Taiwan and China

In the beginning of summer, I went to two places: Taiwan and China. (Well, technically Taiwan is meant to be part of China.) I traveled with my family. In my opinion, China was more fun than Taiwan.

The trip to Taiwan was 12 hours and 44 minutes. It was really boring sitting on a plane for nearly thirteen hours. That's over half a day! This is why I don't like to travel to faraway places.

In Taiwan, one of my dad's friends drove my family to this hotel close to the airport. The next day,  we went to another hotel that was close to my grandmother's nursing home on my dad's side. Two days later, we went to another hotel that was close to one of my grandma's cousin's house. Oh, so much hotel switching!  Two days later, guess what? We went to ANOTHER hotel that was close to the airport. The next day, we did not go to any more boring hotel. We went to the airport because there will be a plane taking us to China. However, my dad did not go to China because he did not have enough work days to take off.

Well, at least there was some fun stuff to do in Taiwan, but just a few. There was this amazing building called Taipei 101. It was so cool because it is one of the tallest buildings in Asia. Also, those Taipei 101 mascots were very cute. The two "ones" represents the eyes, and the "0" represents the mouth. Also, in the last hotel, there was this amazing place that you can soak your body into; the water's pretty warm there. My family even wore Japanese (because this was a Japanese hotel) clothing, and we took a picture.

The flight from Taiwan to China lasted only about 3 hours. Like normal plane flights, it was boring. However, since the plane flight was shorter than the previous flight, it was not as boring. In China, we got to stay in my uncle and aunt's apartment. Sadly, it is very messed up because there are so many stamps on the walls, and they even had numbers!

In China, I got to see the Great Wall, the Summer Palace, an Animal Zoo, one of the floors of a building called EE City, and a few others. On the second to last day, my family (excluding my dad) went to this restaurant called Dazhaimen, where you see these different Chinese people do some stuff such as singing and magic tricks. My favorite one was when there was a magician doing many magic tricks. He even did a magic trick on me!


On the flight back home, the trip was 11 hours and 40 mins. This time, my grandma did not come with me and the rest of my family (mom and my brother). I'm glad that trip was less than half a day long. However, I sat separate from them. I watched Frozen, read and 2 books, and threw up (see, I don't like sitting separate from my family). Anyways, I was glad to come back home. I missed home so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment