Friday, March 14, 2014

My Mile Run: Big Improvement

In my elementary school, I was one of the slowest runners in my P.E. class. However, in my middle school, my mile run improved because my dad and I run a mile every Saturday and sometimes Sunday using my Nike+ watch to track if I ran 1 mile or not by GPS. I can also upload my time to the Nike+ website on a computer, so I can precisely track my jogging history. I also exercise every day using the Gold Stride thing that I can "run" with. At first, I ran really slow when running the mile, but I then improved.

When I did mile runs in schools, I can at a run fast, slow, or medium pace. My pace can depend on different circumstances. One time, when I ran a mile in my middle school, I got an 11:15 (11 min., 15 secs) because I was talking to another student in my P.E. class. However, on the following mile run, I got an 8:36 (8 min., 36 secs), which was my new mile time record. The mile run is also graded, and my best mile run time got a 100%. My mile run time can vary.

Overall, I think running the mile every week outside of school can be a great help because you can have the ability to run faster when you are running the actual mile in school and better grades in P.E.

No comments:

Post a Comment