Saturday, June 17, 2017

Travel Log 2017: Charles M. Schulz Museum

Last Saturday (June 10), my family and I drove up to the Charles M. Schulz Museum in Santa Rosa. The Schulz Museum showed many different things about Peanuts, the comic strip Schulz has created. The Schulz Museum has two floors and outdoor exhibits.




These two pictures above are from the Strip Rotation Gallery on the first floor of the Schulz Museum. The gallery consists of original Peanuts and its role in comics history (it changes regularly). In the picture far above, Lucy is at her psychiatrist booth. When someone wants to go to that booth for some kind of help, they have to give Lucy 5 cents. In the picture above, Charlie Brown is yelling. He is saying, "I can't stand it!"



This picture of my brother and I with a Charlie Brown statue shown above was taken at the entrance of the Schulz Museum. This Charlie statue shows Charlie Brown wearing a shirt that shows some place that is outdoors.



This picture of me with a Linus statue shown above was taken in one of the outdoor exhibits in the Schulz Museum courtyard. The Linus statue is an outdoor exhibit showing Linus wearing a crossword t-shirt. He is also holding a pencil in his right hand, and he is holding his blanket in his left hand. The answers to Linus' crossword t-shirt are shown nearby to the right of the Linus statue.



This picture of my brother and I with a Charlie Brown and Lucy ceramic tile mural was taken at the Great Hall on the first floor of the Schulz Museum. In the tile mural, Charlie Brown is making an attempt to kick the football Lucy is holding. The tile mural is consisted of many different comic strips from Peanuts. My brother is amused at one of the Peanuts comic strip he is pointing at.



This picture above shows me at the Schulz Museum courtyard. Behind me are a redwood tree and the birdbath with holograms that show Peanuts characters.

No comments:

Post a Comment