Tuesday, July 19, 2016

Travel Log for This Summer: Grand Teton National Park

Daniel Mayer: Website

Grand Teton, named after the big breast-like mountains, has an alpine scenery. The first Anglo-American man to view its peaks was John Colter, in 1807. It was created on February 26, 1929, and is 309,993 acres.

Grand Teton is a national park next to Yellowstone that is really wild. There are many mosquitos and other bugs. I really despise bugs because I get bug bites really often during bug season. As a result, when me, my family, and some members of my extended family got out of our vehicles to see some of the Grand Teton scenery, I stayed in the car most of the time because I was bothered by the swarm of mosquitos. Grand Teton is a national park for people who don't easily get bothered by mosquitos.

Grand Teton is not very advanced in technology. In the cabin I stayed in between Grand Teton and Yellowstone National Parks, there had been no WiFi at all. In the lobby for the cabins between Grand Teton and Yellowstone National Parks, however, there is really horrible WiFi. I tried going on Instagram a few times, but there was no Internet connection. As a result, Grand Teton isn't such a modernized place.

If you want to go to Grand Teton directly, you'll have to go there by plane. If you want to go to Grand Teton after visiting Yellowstone, however, you can just drive there.

Overall, I think that Grand Teton isn't as good as Yellowstone. It was a fine experience, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment