Saturday, February 15, 2014

My Girl Scout Cookie Experience

You may or may not know that I do Girl Scouts. Because I live in Palo Alto, there are a lot of girls that do Girl Scouts and sell cookies. In Palo Alto, some people buy cookies. However, the customer may not buy the cookies for following reasons:


  1. their relatives are a girl scout
  2. they already bought cookies from another girl
  3. they personally don't want cookies
  4. they think it's too expensive
  5. they don't have any money with them

Some kinds of people will buy cookies:


  1. Because they tasted the cookie(s) before and liked it they want to try a new type of cookie 
  2. They support Girl Scouts
  3. They were a Girl Scout themselves
  4. They like to chat with girls in the neighborhood


If the customer already bought cookies, I suggest them - How about get just one more box of a different flavor. I also let them donate to the food bank or the military.

If they want to buy something I don't have, I persuade people to buy the flavor of the boxes I have left, and explain what is so special about the cookie. I also find boxes that are similar to the one the customer wants. For example, Thin Mints and Tagalongs are similar because they both have chocolate.


  • Savanna Smiles: they have a lemon flavor, and are one of the newest cookies introduced
  • Trefoils: the oldest and most authentic Girl Scout cookie, and it tastes crispy, crumbly with butter, flour and sugar
  • Do-Si-Dos: this cookie has a peanut butter flavor, sort of looks like a mini sandwich
  • Samoas: the second most wanted cookie with a coconut and chocolate flavor
  • Dulce de Leche: a caramel flavor and looks like a chocolate chip
  • Thank You Berry Munch: a berry cookie that's nutritious and the healthiest cookie
  • Tagalongs: have a peanut butter and chocolate flavor, kind of like a Thin Mint cookie
  • Thin Mints: the most wanted cookie with a chocolate and mint flavor.
I got 60 boxes, and I have 10 left after 3 days of selling. On average, it takes me 5 minutes to sell one box of cookie.


No comments:

Post a Comment